Friday 14 September 2012

If you look for trouble, sometimes you find it!

I've been starting to run low on ships out in Essence, so decided to splurge a load of iskies on a bunch of Rifters & Thrashers.  I bought & fitted 30-odd Thrashers and about 40 Rifters and then shipped half to Essence and half to Molden Heath.

I then jumped back up to Essence last night and went looking for a fight or two.

First I took out a Rifter - jumped into Aeschee and saw a flashy red Merlin approaching the gate.  I immediately locked him up, set my cannons to OH and piled in.  Fight lasted quite a while, my armour repper was screaming and spitting almost as much fire as my cannons, but was doing a sterling job of keeping me alive, but I wasn't able to break his shield.  Eventually I mistimed a cap injection and it was all over.

GFs were exchanged and off I went to re-ship.

2 mins later I was back in space, this time in a Thrasher, couple of jumps and I landed at the sun in Lisbaetanne followed almost immediately by a Machariel battleship and that was that!

Laou Tzu rightly took the piss and I lol'd.  Pretty sure I was one-shotted.

Quite an opening 10mins for my EVE session.

A quick re-ship back into a Rifter and off I went again.  This time I decided to engage an Atron.  But not for long .  The Atron pilot then tried to ransom my pod for 12 million.  I opted for the express ride home.

Clone updated, I jumped back into a Thrasher and headed back out, this time I found no-takers and after 45 mins or so I decided to clone jump down to Molden Heath as we have a war on.

Again in a Thrasher I spotted a couple of war targets, but as they were in a Rupture and an Omen I decided to give them a wide berth, no point senselessly throwing ships away, I'd done enough of that already.

Critique of the losses above -

Merlin fight - Merlin pilot was twice my age, with a decent looking killboard.  If I'd stopped to think I probably wouldn't have engaged him.  However it was a really good fight (even though I didn't win), I suspect he may have been using ASBs, if I hadn't mistimed my cap injection I may have outlasted his ASB charges.  But I didn't, if I only started fights I knew I would win, life would be pretty dull (and I'd have a lot fewer fights).

 Machariel fight - pfft, I was stupid, landed at the sun, didn't align out in case anyone unsavoury dropped in, total noob error.  I had no chance against a battleship landing 20Km away.   Laou Tzu even said that he just made a random jump. Pretty much complete fail on my part. I lol'd and moved on.

Atron fight - I was desperate for a fight, again should have checked the pilot out first.  He is a much more experienced pilot.  Fight wasn't so good, didn't last very long I was simply outclassed.

So, my hangar isn't as full as it was, but some days you win, others you lose.  At least I got some fights, and that's what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment