Monday 28 November 2011

almost ready

I've been in R1FTA for just over a week, but only had one very brief trip into low-sec and that was to pick up a skillbook I'd bought without checking the security status of the pickup location /D'oh!

I'll admit that even that short trip to a 0.4 system had my adrenaline pumping - there was someone waiting above the station, but happily (for me) he was too busy smashing someone else to bother with me so I was quick in, inject skill, out and leggit for gate back to high-sec.

What a wuss!

Anyway, almost completed the L1 epic-arc "The Blood Stained Stars". So far I've managed to do it all in my Rifter with my newbies skills, though "Chasing Shadows" saw me having to warp off a couple of times to repair my armour, then once the guards were disposed of I had to warp off a third time to switch to bigger guns, as I was able to get in close and evade the guns of the final target, but he was able to repair his armour as quick as I could take it down. Swapped out my 125mm autocannons for some 200mm ACs and eventually he went boom!

I'm now having the same problem with the final mission - I've taken out the guards, can evade the guns of the final target, but can't even dent his shields! Now I could swap to my Destroyer that is sat in a hangar somewhere (came free with an earlier career mission) and see if more guns would do the trick, my new corpmates offered to travel to my location to help me take down this last guy ...but having got this far, I'd really like to finish this arc, on my own, in a Rifter.

So, my new plan is to head off to low-sec and get squared away at the R1FTA HQ (doing a storyline mission on the way), whilst I train up to use T2 guns - then I'll be back next week to finish off Dagan!

No comments:

Post a Comment