Tuesday 17 January 2012

R1FTA Fight Night!

Joe Struck decided to organise a fight night for frigates in heild, with prizes.

Fight Night started at 9pm, I was a little late so missed the start, when I logged in it appeared that there was a free for all, battle royale type of fight going on at planet 1, so I jumped into rifter #1 warped to planet 1 and targeted the first ship I saw - approx 4 seconds later I was in my pod!

I had targeted a Jaguar (I think) from another corp, didn't have my corpmates on overview, and was blown up by a couple of corpmates in a Wolf & Rifter :)

Undeterred, I jumped into rifter #2 and headed back into the fray - this time I targeted the Jaguar again, remembering to overheat my guns, turn on my AB, damage control & Web and then quickly succumbed to the combined forpower of three Jaguars :)

In rifter #3 I dumped the warp scrambler (no one had any intentions of avoiding fights - at least not with me) and the NOS as I hadn't been able to get close enough on the previous 2 attempts and headed back out again - this time I picked my moment and dived in at one of the Jags as it was already engaged with another frigate. the Jag despatched the other frigate first, but this time I'd got closer and was actually making an impression on his shields, or it may have been that he was also taking fire from others, I have no idea, all I knew is that we were both going down and his ship exploded a split second before mine - my lossmail says he landed shots on me with his capule, but that the final blow was laid my another corpmate in an assault frigate :)

Rifter #4 went down in flames against a 1v1 rifter duel with Joe Struck (but doesn't appear to be showing on my killboard)

Rifter #5 and #6 are a blur to be honest but killboard reports #5 succumbed to two Jags and a Wolf and number #6 was destroyed by a Navy Slicer.

That left me with one fitted rifter in station so I decided that was enough fun for one night, I was just about to post my thanks before heading off when the call came out that all the wrecks of the fight night participants looked to be in danger of being stolen by a non-participant, so I jumped back into my rifter to head back to planet 1 to try and help take out the potential thief - on the way the info was passed with the pilots name and a call for some to get point - I landed, targetted and activated my web, scrambler and AB as I rushed toward him only to see an explosion (ship gone!) followed by my pod a second later!

Turns out the interloper was in a battleship and was using smartbombs!

So that was me done for the night. However, turns out I won 2 prizes - firstly there was a tie over who had lost the most ships so my prize for that was a pair of "Nightstalker" Combat Goggles, and for being podded by the battleship pilot I was awarded a Rifter.

Also, on the plus side I did get on a bunch of kills on my killboard including a battleship, a couple of assault frigates and a couple of frigates :)

Now I just need to go shopping to setup another stable of fitted rifters, hopefully the next lot wont all go in one night

No comments:

Post a Comment