Wednesday 16 May 2012

Get some focus!

jeez, I seem to have the concentration span of a gnat, this coupled with my inherent laziness and general ineptitude means I tend to rush off and make a half arsed attempt at some new idea, mess it up and then look around for something else to try.

Hulkaggedon is a shiny distraction "Gank Miners! Buy Thrashers! Fit 'em cheap and go on a ganking spree!"  wait don't let you sec status drop too much or you can't get to your gank stash, rat up your sec status (hmm BS rats pay OK bounties, will help towards gank Thrashers etc)

So I popped a few retrievers, failed to pop some other miners (why do I double tap my guns button?! that just turns them on and off again, by the time they are ready to turn back on I'm jammed by the police, lose my Thrasher for nothing and get mocked in Russian - I think I got mocked in Russian, Google translate converted it from Russian to English but it still didn't make any sense).

Today I spent a couple of hours reading about solo stealth bombing in WH, researched fits etc then realised that to fly a SB effectively will take me the best part of a year to get the skills /sheesh.

Alternatively I could stick with the Rifter Plan, keep plugging away with cheap t1frigate  PvP (with the occasional sidetracks into Thrashers), and by the time I'm near the end of my Rifter Plan (305 days and counting) I'll be closer to being able to fly a SB semi-competently.

In the meantime my new PI setup is going well, my alt did her first ORCA run of materials at the weekend, and it looks like she may need to do another one before next weekend.  Her factory planet is operating 24 hours per day and she's aiming to ship 300 million isk worth of stuff to Jita during the next few days.  If this is sustainable (I so far it looks like it will be), she should be able to keep me in Rifters & Thrashers for a while.

I'm also planning on selling a spare ORCA pilot at the end of this week which should net me somewhere between 2-3 Billion isk which would free up a character slot for a new toon - hmm what to train for , ooh something shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment