Friday 8 June 2012

Holidays and excursions

Been away with the family for a week and a bit since last time I posted, so I set some long skills training and came back to Small Autocannon Specialization 5, which was nice.  My missioning alt is about a week away from flying his PvE Maelstrom in level 4s and my newly-purposed soon to be piractical stealth bomber alt is chugging away with his training nicely - he should be able to fly a SB at least semi-competently by the end of next month, at which point I may just let him out of the station for a little jaunt as an incentive before he's forced into some seriously greulling training to be a competent SB pilot.

A couple of days after getting back to New Eden I notice that there is another r1fta excursion planned - this time 3 weeks in the Placid area and its surrounds.  As I'm still in the holiday mood (not back to work yet) I decide to snap up the offer of a share of someones BF frieght run to our holiday station and proceed to spend around 150million -ish on about 25 Rifters and associated fittings.  that ought to last me the three weeks of our excursion :)

A day or two later EVE University decide to move their low-sec group to Heild.

At first the prospect of lots of new targets arriving in system sounds good, until it's soon apparent that the EVE Unistas only come out of the station in numbers (20+), don't seem to do 1v1s or small gangs and always seem to field ECM.

Not my idea of fun, though with Molden Heath being so quiet of late, I suspect it wont be that much fun for them either, as there wont be many targets for them, though they obviously prefer ship spinning in station so who knows they may enjoy it.

Anyway, I'll be heading over to Placid during the next day or two and we'll see what the EVE uni lot are up to when I come back early in July.

Oh, and I'll leave you with a lolwhut? I did last night - I was out and about trying to improve my K:D ratio and was scanning down a couple of likely targets in a system.  At the same time I was paying far too much attention to corp chat and so didn't notice that I'd strayed rather close to an asteroid belt.  Then a Vagabond (Heavy Assault Cruiser) landed 50km away.  I knew he'd tear me up so I immediately tried to warp off, that's when I noticed I was too close to the rocks and had got myself stuck! By the time I was unstuck it was too late, my guns didn't even make a dent in his shields before I exploded - I did throw a gf and nicely done into local and got a gf in reply, but it was a silly error on my part .  So my K:D is now 12:28 :(

No comments:

Post a Comment