Friday 15 June 2012

WAR!

So, we were supposed to be enjoying some time away from home with a campaign in the Placid Region.  However, as EVE uni LSC decided to take up residence in our home station, and as the GunPoint Diplomacy guys war decced the EVE uni, which brought in even more Unistas, it was decided to postpone the Placid Campaign and instead [R1FTA] declared war on EVE Uni too.

Hostilities will have commenced this morning whilst I'm at work.

Not having any Jump Clones yet (another thing to add to my list) I set off from Eugales last night, avoiding a gatecamp of Loki, Legion & Tengus on the way.  I swung by a dead end system I have my eye on for my Stealth Bomber alt and made a few tactical BMs, before finally docking up in Teonusude to take stock of my ships and to ready for war.

I have a bunch of Rifters and Thrashers in Heild with fittings for them, as well as some Breachers for some sillyness (can't wait until the other Minmatar frigates get their makeover and become more viable).

I trained up Destroyers and BattleCruisers to V recently, when CCp were talking about changing how the skills for these ships would work (which they are not now going to change for at least another few months).

I'm able to fly Assault Frigates, but the costs of these coupled with my skills is probably not a great idea (instead I donated 50million to the War fund - much more useful than 1 additional AF going boom).

I noticed that I didn't have any Cruiser or Medium Projectile Turret skills so I paused my Rifter Plan and set to getting into minmatar cruisers - should be able to jump into a Rupture or Stabber by the time I get home tonight, wife & England Vs Sweden game permitting.

Skills for cruisers aren't going to be outstanding, and I'll only be fitting T1 guns, but may still be more useful than my lil old trusty, rusty Rifter.

Having said that I splashed out on some Vigils as well as the cruisers, and will be fitting them up as a poor man's tackle interceptor.

I'm also going to try out some different (for me) fits - arty rifter is top of my list ;)

No doubt my K:D ratio will get even worse, rather than better, but fun will be had and the Rifter god will be made fat with the explosions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment