Tuesday 26 June 2012

Placid Campaign - Day Three

Remember a couple of posts ago I said I needed to knuckledown and stop jumping into fights I know I can't win?

Seems I don't listen to myself.

Spent a bit of time last night trying to track down a character around my age who was jumping between a Drake and a Buzzard, all the while trying to avoid a much more experienced character in a Rupture.

I finally gave up and had a look at some other systems when I saw a Cyno field go up.  Madness then pounced on me, I reported the cyno in corpchat and proceeded to Warp to zero with guns overheated.

I land on top of the cyno ship (a Kestrel), notice that it is right next to a Thanatos (ooh, not seen one in the flesh before!) hit orbit, targeted the Kestrel (accepting the warning 'yeah, yeah, whatever') and opened up.

Then my brain backed up a bit - warning notice? - takes another look around, hmm how come I didn't see that Station right next to me? uh-oh BOOM

Scratch another Rifter.  I think the Kestrel and Thanatos pilot were a little bemused, so I gave them a hearty wave from my pod and headed back to re-ship.

If I'd spent half a second to look at where I'd landed I probably wouldn't have attacked the Kestrel (or I'd at least have aligned out before doing so).

I honestly have no idea why I did what I did... looking at corpchat later I noticed that when I reported the cyno, someone actually told me that there was a one right at the station in the system I was in.  D'oh!

So I re-ship into another Rifter and head back out, this time I'm determined to keep my head.

Three systems later, there are 4 or 5 in local and it's getting close to my 'wife's getting angry, time to go to bed' time, so I decide to warp to a Plex at 10.

On the way I see that there is a Thrasher either in the plex or on the gate (please be in the plex, please be in the plex) - I land about 8km from the Thrasher on the gate who immediately targets me.  Now I could have bailed out there and then, but instead I opt to close distance and pray that he is Arty Fit.

He isn't.

Campaign score = 0-0-3  (coz deaths to station guns don't show on killboard)

No comments:

Post a Comment