Monday 25 June 2012

Placid Campaign

This was planned to start earlier this month, but EVE Uni showing up in our HQ station and the resultant shenanigans put the campaign on hold for a bit.

We're now back on track with the campaign running from 23rd June until 20th July.

I've spent a few days in the surrounding area making BMs, and getting to know what's where.  There are lots of FW plexes around, but in most cases FW pilots seem to flee rather than fight.

Anyway, I have 23 Rifters fitted up and ready to go and I'm aiming to make a concerted effort to get some explosions (hopefully not all mine) during the next 3 weeks - to that end everything else EVE related is being sent to the sidelines so I can focus for a change.

With that;

Day One
Didn't get online until later than usual, spent about 30mins touring around the neighbourhood, belts were empty, FW Plexes had people who would rather run than fight.
Did almost run in to a gang of Legion, Loki, Drakes, and also found a couple of Drakes who appeared to be solo, but nothing I'd be comfortable engaging in my Rifter.
One the way home I checked a FW Plex I'd visited earlier that had a rifter which ran at first sight of me landing (and didn't even seem to have any guns fitted!?), this time there was a Navy Hookbill  too - I know I'd struggle against a Hookbill, but frustrated at my lack of fights, and seeing as he had bothered to fit guns to his ship I engaged.

I had everything overheated, but still barely made a dent in his shields before I went  BOOM.

campaign score (Kill - Draw - Death) = 0-0-1

No comments:

Post a Comment